Saturday, December 18, 2004

I Don't Wanna Wake Up!

The other day my alarm clock went off for 20 minutes before I actually heard it. I imagine it was because I was in the midst of the most wonderful dream I think I ever had. It was a dream about love, romance, chivalry, grace, mercy...in its most perfect form.



In the beginning it was scary. I was in the midst of a war zone. But all of a sudden I was in the presence of the Lover of my Soul. Me, my children, and all of my brothers and sisters in Christ were running in fear when out of nowhere, these big huge arms reached down and we were instantly caught up to a place where everything was white, and misty and peaceful. I felt love like I have never felt before. It was so amazing. Then I saw this huge table that seemed to go on forever....it was just like a painting. It was set for royalty...a feast like I have never seen. Then I saw His arms reaching out through the mist again..over the table. With His palms up, he stretched out his hands over the table and opened them wide as He said, "Come and dine with me".



I saw others there but it was as if they were in Spirit..kinda transparent but beautiful. I felt whole in body but I was like them as well. It was really strange but felt so right...so peaceful..so absolutely undescribably wonderful. Even though I knew others were there...I didn't care. I only wanted to see Jesus...just like the song... I didn't want to see my precious grandmother who has passed away, or anybody else...I just wanted to fall at His feet and worship the One who died so that I might be in that very place experiencing perfection in the presence of God. I just wanted to spend the rest of eternity at His feet crying, "Holy, Holy Holy is the Lord God Almighty!" Just like the Bible says we will do. Nothing mattered..nothing...Just Jesus.



That was it. Then I heard the alarm. I didn't want to wake up. I wanted to stay asleep and continue the dream.



I know that what I experienced was absolutely nothing compared to what it will really be like to finally dwell in His presence for all eternity. I can only imagine! My heart groans with all creation for His return!

No comments:

Post a Comment