Thursday, March 11, 2004

You Know You're in the South When...

I'm from Ohio and had lived in the Midwest all my life until 4 years ago. Let me just say it has been "culture shock" getting used to the way of life in the South. I keep asking about "rebel pride"? Why do southerners proudly display bumper stickers announcing their "rebel pride"? I can't figure out what they are proud of? When I ask...no one can tell me!



Driving to town the other day I happened across a sign that caught my attention months ago. It is displayed in the backyard of a resident that is adjacent to the main bypass route around this little town. I laughed when I first saw it and still find it somewhat humorous, and hopefully not true! Yesterday I drove by and said to myself only in the south.



See the sign for yourself! Weird how when I came home, the sign was featured in the local paper!

No comments:

Post a Comment