Tuesday, March 23, 2004

Bored

I'm bored.



Nothing really exciting is happening in my life at the moment. Maybe God is working, but I don't really see Him.



I get up everyday, go to work, come home and play, go to bed and then start all over again tomorrow. Katie gets annoyed that after my shower everyday when I yell from the bathroom "I hate this part!" I am referring to how boring it is to dry off after a shower and then get dressed. I really do hate that part! It's so boring. The shower part is great though!



It's like the game The Sims. Have you ever played it? I did for awhile, but got bored with it because every day was the same thing. Get up, use the bathroom, shower, eat, go to work, come home, eat, use the bathroom, sleep. Barely any time at all for tv, meeting with friends, computer time, playing games, gardening, or whatever. In that game there aren't even weekends, so it was the same ol' same ol'. Just like life.



I've been thinking that I have not been blogging much lately. It is because I can't come up with anything to blog about.



The subjects of my blogs are inspired by events in my life and since there really haven't been any, I'm at a loss as to what to post about.



For awhile, there was very interesting stuff happening at work, but nothing I could post about because it wouldn't edify and it is not stuff to "make public". I have been at work so much that I haven't been making it to church, so I can't even blog about that. I am really bummed because last Sunday some amazing things about the service were reported to me and I missed a great experience. I made it to SaLT group Sunday night, late, because of work, and missed some of the discussion. I get there just to be able to spend some time with those wonderful brothers and sisters. We are reading through a Purpose Driven Life, but for me the purpose has stalled a bit. We got derailed around the holidays because our meeting together was so sporadic and we haven't gotten back on track yet, or at least I haven't. I didn't read in preparation for SaLT, so I had little to contribute. I am not using my spiritual gifts and that is not good. I have the gifts of wisdom, discernment and prophecy and I should be using those gifts to help build up the body and glorify God. I have to prepare better. Read the material and ponder it. Share ideas. Maybe if I did that something more exciting would happen there, and in my life in general.



Even my online game play has been less than exciting. This is due in part to the fact that Battlefield Vietnam was released and many of the guys have been playing that new game, leaving me to continue in BF1942 without them, so some of the community time is gone. It will change I'm sure, as the novelty of the game wears off and anyway, I'm using the time to improve my flying skills. I am enjoying my new joystick, but I do miss the guys of Sherwood Forest.



I have the next couple of days off. I'm hoping to not be bored.



No comments:

Post a Comment