Sunday, March 21, 2004

I'm So Embarrassed!

Sometimes I can be such a dork! Today at work a man came in looking for a certain CD. It's and old Sly & the Family Stone CD "Stand" that he had ordered once from us about a year ago. HE let a friend borrow his CD and hasn't seen the thing since. He came back to order another one. He assumed since he ordered it the last time that we would have to order it again, that it was a CD that was not normally kept on the shelves. I assumed this too...against my better judgement. (I should know better...always check the bin!)



I looked up the CD information and proceeded to get the man's name and contact information so we can let him know when the CD came in. After the man left the counter area, I thought that I might just go see if we happened to have the CD in stock. It was there! I grabbed it right up and looked around to find the man and give it to him now. I didn't see him.



I looked around some more but couldn't find him so I thought maybe he left the store. Since he gave me his cell phone number I decided to call. As I was dialing I was mentioning to my associate how embarrassed I was that I had just ordered a CD that was right here in the store! LOL So the guy answers the phone..."Hi Mr. Soandso, this is Sue at FYE. You were just here ordering a CD and I"m calling to let you know I have it here." I noticed that the same music I had playing in the store was the same music this man was listening to. How odd. What are the chances?



The man said "Ok, I'm still here." I said "I was hoping to catch you before you left the mall." He said again "I'm still here, I'm right here." So, I look up to see him coming toward me. He had never left the store! LOLOL I was so embarrassed! So we carried on a short conversation as he made his way to the check out. Oh brother...saved a sale though!

No comments:

Post a Comment