Wednesday, March 24, 2004

Recurring Dreams

Do you have a dream that you will dream now and again?



I do. I call it "The Teeth Dream".



The teeth dream involves a part in which all of my teeth fall out. Usually they fall out in pieces, tiny pieces, and the stream of tooth chips never seems to end. I keep spitting and sputtering out the splinters of enamel and I'm terrified the whole time. This is more of a nightmare I guess. My teeth are about the only part of my body that I like, so losing them would be a major bummer. Sometimes during the teeth dream I look into a mirror and I am horrified to see the jagged stubs of what remains of my teeth. Oh, the inhumanity!



I have another recurring dream. It involves me forgetting to go to class. I'm back in college or something and I suddenly realize that I have forgotten to attend a class. Not just one class mind you...the whole semester! It's time for the school year to end and I never attended class! It's a sick feeling and I always wake up from it. I never graduate! LOL



I was inspired to blog about my recurring dream tonight when I learned of a friend's dream. She has a recurring dream that a small ball of yarn begins to come at her and grows bigger and bigger, I guess like a snowball would, and it backs her into a wall. Then she wakes up. She was being attacked by a ball of yarn!



When I first met Katie and we were getting to know one another, Katie shared with me about her recurring dream...AND IT WAS THE TEETH DREAM! I've met one other person who has the teeth dream too. Isn't that weird?



Now, I'm curious...have you ever had "the teeth dream"? What are your recurring dreams/nightmares?

No comments:

Post a Comment