Thursday, November 21, 2002

The Osbournes

I do not watch tv. We get but one channel here. Channel 7 locally and it is affiliated with ABC. Justin had the tv on for awhile this afternoon and noticed that tonight A Charlie Brown Thanksgiving was going to be on. FRAMILY NIGHT! I can't resist the "snoopy battles the lawn chair" scene! After that we watched Winnie the Pooh.

After the shows I came back to the puter to play. Kids showered and went to bed. Katie continued to watch tv and it was a Barbara Walters interview with Sharon Osbourne, the wife of Ozzy Osbourne. It was scary, what I was hearing from the other room. I know that The Osbournes is some show on MTV and was a huge hit, but I really cared less. Now that I know what goes on in that show I am appalled. The language! Between all the "bleeping" I couldn't make out a sentence! At one point Mrs. Osbourne was asked why the children are allowed to talk to her the way that they do. She answered "I talk to them that way. I talked that way at work and unfortunately brought it home with me." She also explained that the kids know when to use that kind of language and when not to.

I have a couple of points to make on that: First, Sharon Osbourne said "unfortunately" she brought that language home and used it when talking to the children. Unfortunately. She said "unfortunately" which tell me she knows that it is wrong and does it anyway. Second, obviously the kids do NOT know when to use that language and when not to. One should NEVER use that kind of language!

I think I even heard our president somewhere in there with some words that were respectful and somewhat edifying to the Osbournes. This disappointed me. Is he really condoning this?
So Ozzy Osbourne hears voices in his head. Is he being treated for mental illness at all? Does anybody care about this?

The whole thing seems messed up to me and what makes it worse is that the American public embraced this show, that family, and supports it. I just don't get it.

Evil is in this society. Everywhere. It creeps in subtlely and sucks you in before you know it. It is idolized. Evil is worshipped.

What is wrong with this world? Why can't people see? Hearing what I did tonight just makes me long for Jesus to come take me home with Him NOW!!!!!! Ohhhh, to sit at the banqueting table He invited me to! It might be the first banquet I actually enjoy being at! I hate potluck...I hope it's not potluck! Then again, maybe in heaven I will like to eat tasty things! Hey, I might even enjoy a pizza party! Woooohoooooo!!!!! (Do you know what it's like to be a minority? I'm a pizza-hater!) But, in heaven...I may just love to eat pizza! and maybe even meatloaf! I could sit and eat with my family and be finished before dark! Oh, I'm getting excited now!

2 Timothy 2:22
"Flee the evil desires of youth, and pursue righteousness, faith, love and peace, along with those who call on the Lord out of a pure heart."

As Christians we are not of this world. Yes, we live here, for now, but we must "press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called (us) heavenward in Christ Jesus." Philippians 3:14

Heaven is our home...so get your fill of the Osbournes here! (although I would advise against filling your mind with that stuff)

No comments:

Post a Comment