Saturday, April 01, 2006

Can't Sleep

Why is it when I know I have to get up early, I can't sleep?

I have an early morning inventory and have to be in Union City at 6:00am. In order to be there on time, I have to leave around 4:30am. I planned on getting up at 4:00am, but since I couldn't sleep all night worrying about the fact that I'd only be getting around 4.5 hours of sleep, I arose shortly after 3:00am!

It is not a good idea to work the closing shift the night before an early morning inventory.

Ugh.

Why are birds chirping at 3 am?

* * UPDATE * *

I get up at 3:00am because I couldn't sleep worrying about the fact that I didn't have a lot of time to sleep. I left my house at 4:30am to arrive in Union City at around 5:40am with enough time to pick up a quick breakfast and coffee, then headed to Sam Goody, where I was going to help with inventory.

When I arrived I was greeted with "bad news". It seems the inventory crew could only muster 3 members of what should have been 12 and that they wouldn't be arriving for a "couple more hours". *sigh* I said "April Fools?" LOL But then Shae, the manager, called his DM and said "This isn't an April Fools thing is it?" and then I knew it was no joke.

Shea, the manager, insisted on going ahead with the inventory because he is on vacation this upcoming week when it would most likely be rescheduled for. We waited around for a good hour while Shea was making calls and receiving calls and trying to figure out what to do, even though it was his desire to go ahead and do the inventory. I kept asking "how long will it take 3 people to scan this place? (While thinking it will take at least 8 hours! LOL). Finally, his DM, called it and cancelled the inventory.

Shea also said that they probably won't have me come back for the rescheduled inventory. Talk about a waste.

So I got up early, drove an hour and fifteen minutes to Union City, waited around an hour or so, and then drove back home. Talk about productivity.

At least I got to listen to Pastor Sipe's awesome message on strongholds, false teachers and conformity out of Micah.

I made it home around 7:45am, very tired, and went back to bed.

I've slept now and feel much better.

No comments:

Post a Comment