Friday, December 16, 2005

Grammy Nominee = DAY OF FIRE!

Josh Brown's mom stopped by my store today to purchase every copy of the Day of Fire CD I had in stock.

She also shared with me some great news!

DAY OF FIRE IS NOMINATED FOR A GRAMMY AWARD! Woohooo!

They are nominated for Best Rock Gospel album...and I think of the others in the category, Day of Fire should take the win!

The others include:
  • Until My Heart Caves In (I like AA, but was unimpressed with this release.)
    Audio Adrenaline

  • Higher Definition (ummmm, rock?...I don't think so! Great rap album though!)
    The Cross Movement

  • Day Of Fire (GO! GO! GO!)
    Day Of Fire

  • Truth Is Fallin' In Tha Streetz (I'm not even familiar with this one! Looks like hip-hop.)
    Fresh I.E.

  • Dichotomy B (why are these hip-hop CDs nominated in the gospel rock album category?)
    Grits


Some other good news: Josh Brown is featured on a Christmas collection this year called Come Let Us Adore Him. This CD includes contributions from Krystal Meyers, Jars of Clay, Bebo Norman, Danielle Young (of Caedmon's Call), Third Day and others.

I think Josh Brown and Day of Fire are making a huge splash in Christian Rock and are here to stay!

No comments:

Post a Comment