Thursday, December 29, 2005

Firefox Extensions

Since installing and using Firefox, I have added some extensions to help me customize the browser and play around with some things to simplify my Internet life. Two of those extensions are the Bible Toolbar and Resize Search Box.

One such gadget I've discovered is the Bible Toolbar. It is useful to bloggers like myself that frequently post scripture or constantly use the Bible resource Bible Gateway.

This extension adds a toolbar to the Firefox browser and makes searching the Bible Gateway a snap. What I also like about the Bible Toolbar is that you can toggle the toolbar to show/hide with one simple click. You can install the Bible Toolbar now by clicking here.

Another nifty extension I have found is one that resizes the search box on Firefox. That box was annoyingly small and I set out to find a solution for it today. I came across a bunch of things that wanted me to:
Add the text below to the userChrome.css
/* Make the Search box flex wider */
#search-container, #searchbar {
width: 400px !important;
}
and to make that easier I was to download Chromedit which will not yet install with Firefox 1.5.

I don't give up easy and I found a simpler answer that is compatible with Firefox 1.5 here, and works great!

No comments:

Post a Comment