Thursday, May 05, 2005

Thanks to The Memes List For This One

I want to blog today. I have nothing to say.

I googled for a meme. Question: Is "googled" in the dictionary yet?

So, thanks to The Meme List, I found a prompt called Spark.

Share some of your opinions on the concept of friendship.
What kind of people do you surround yourself with as your friends? Do you find yourself more comfortable with people your own age, or does that matter? Do you like to surround yourself with lots of people, or do you like to have a smaller, more tight-knit group around?

How easy or difficult is it for you to meet new people and make new friends? Is it easier or harder to make friends using the Internet, and what kind of positive effect has meeting friends online had on your life? What are the greatest kindnesses a friend has shown to you?


I value friendship. I wouldn't say that I have a lot of close friends, one or two is good enough for me. I do have many aquaintances, many are those I called sisters or brothers in the Christ. I am very blessed to have the special people around me that God placed in my life.

I am most comfortable with people my age or older. I'm so "out of the loop" with the younger generations! I just can't keep up! Hard to believe I was once one of them!

The Internet is a useful tool in meeting people and making friends, but you do have to be discerning. There are some real whackos out there, some of them will even read this blog! LOL Matter of fact, I met Katie over the Internet almost 6 years ago, and now we are best friends.

I've had some very good friends over the years and they have all had a special place in my heart. I've have been shown some very special kindnesses through financial blessings, laughs, and simple unconditional friendship. Currently my biggest kindness from Katie is that she helps me keep my eyes on Jesus, and she lets me love her kids.

What are some of your thoughts on friendship?

No comments:

Post a Comment