Tuesday, May 24, 2005

Jury Duty - I Earned My $15

I was dismissed from jury duty today at around 10:30 am. I thought my day was free from that point on, but I was somewhat fretting about how I was going to handle my schedule for the rest of the week at work. I decided that tomorrow was fairly well taken care of and I would call later to work out a plan in case I needed to serve Wednesday and Thursday.

I then blogged a bit and started to play a game online, which I enjoy doing when no one is at home and I can really focus and get into the game. I was having a ball on my favorite BF1942 map, Coral Sea, and then the phone rang. The Grand Jury that was called today needed additional alternates and the judge was calling in seven of us from the petit jury. So, at 3:00 pm I went back over to the court house and sat there for another hour doing NOTHING. Nothing at all. Six of us all sitting there with NOTHING to do. I thought about Ambra having wireless access available to jurors while she is currently serving on the jury in her city. I covet that.

At one point I got tired of staring at the walls and it started to get too difficult not to bounce my left knee, I just said aloud "I need entertainment". The others chuckled. It broke the ice and we at least started to converse. Not bad for an introvert like me eh!? At least they could have some music playing or a tv going or something for those of us just sitting there waiting! I think I'll take a book to read tomorrow.

I had no idea that once I was dismissed for the day that I could be called back on a whim that same day! I'm not sure I'm going to like this at all! I earned my $15 today!

No comments:

Post a Comment