Saturday, May 21, 2005

Star Wars Memories

The Revenge of the Sith.


Wow.

Dark.

Violent.

Ties everything together, and I find that amazing.

I saw the original Star Wars movie at a drive-in with my parents when I was in sixth grade. I was one of the last in my class to see it and just felt left out. I'm so glad mom and dad decided to take me one night. It was so exciting! Darth Vader, Luke Skywalker...whew! What an adventure and fight between good and evil!

That was a looooooooooong time ago! 28 years ago! Wow, I'm old! I was standing in line to enter the theater tonight and looked around. Many of the people I was standing in line with tonight didn't even exist when I saw the first one in 1977!

It really was amazing how Lucas brought it all in together. 28 years of this stuff and it all came to fit really nicely. I especially was fascinated by how he portrayed Anikan turning to the "dark side" and how that all unravelled. It was made to be believable and frightening. Wow, some neat twists and turns too. I liked it!

Now I want to watch the original one again!

No comments:

Post a Comment