Saturday, February 08, 2003

Hot Chocolate, Peanuts, and Aunt Pat

It's cold. I'm gonna drink some hot cocoa. *ding*. YAY! The microwave is done heating up the water. Swiss Miss, instant cocoa....yodeleheehoooooooo!

Mixed and ready to drink! *sputter, ack cough* ICK! IT'S NOT HOT! It's luke warm! This just won't do! BRB...

Ok, NOW it's hot. YAY! I'm drinking it out of a Peanuts mug. I like this mug. It reminds me of my Aunt Pat. Anything Peanuts reminds me of her. She died almost two years ago. The family misses her. I miss her. I inherited her jeep, which is a nice vehicle, but I'm not sure it meant a whole lot to her. She didn't have it very long. I'm thankful she thought of me when she desired to give me her jeep though. Can't deny that! I sold some of her things on Ebay...stuff like some collector's books and things. They were valuable books she never read, some never opened, so they didn't really have sentimental value to her. I am more thankful for her Peanuts collection. She loved Charlie Brown and the gang! She wanted me to have her Snoopy stuff! :-)

She collected lots of Peanuts stuff over the years. Calendars, mugs, sweatshirts, cards...almost anything Peanuts. She had saved calendars from the 1960's! She has one from the year I was born in 1966!!!!!! That's facinating in a way, that she saved all this stuff. So, I didn't leave the mug I'm drinking from in a box. I'm using it! Everytime I use it I'm reminded of Pat and the special woman she was. The mug pictures Lucy pulling the football away just in time for Charlie to miss it! It's the Charlie Browniest!

I miss Aunt Pat.

No comments:

Post a Comment