Thursday, December 19, 2002

A Loan For Christmas?

Author: Katie

Is it unethical? Is it sacreligious? Is it unwise???? These are the things I asked myself when debating whether or not to attempt to take out a loan for Christmas. This loan would be one that I could pay back within a month after Christmas. I didn't see any harm in it at all. I never got the opportunity to see if I would even qualify because God provided otherwise as you have probably read in Sue's blog earlier. I called the bank and only talked to an answering machine. I called Dad, and he said I'd have to talk with Mom and she wasn't there. Then Sue called and said she would take one out and so goes the rest of the story.......

I don't believe it would have been unethical or unwise to take out the loan as long as I paid it off quickly. But I am a bit disturbed that I have gotten myself entangled in the worldly traditions of Christmas and I am part of the problem as to why Christ is left out of Christmas by so many. I have got to get my priorities in order. Anyhow, God tried to tell me that He would provide. I just didn't trust Him. And He lovingly taught me a lesson. And He was ever so loving how He taught me.

Anyhow, I don't think it is unethical or sacreligious to take out a loan for Christmas as long as it is reasonable and do-able. However, I do think it is unwise to trust in self instead of God. He is the Provider.

I am so thankful to Sue for giving the gift of self-sacrifice to me and my kids the past few years. Although I have been able to provide a portion of gifts for the kids, she has really contributed alot in making Christmas special. She is God's provision for my family in this time of need in our lives. She is the gift that keeps on giving. I can only pray that someday I can do for anybody (even and especially Sue) what she has done by caring for us....beyond financial giving.

2 comments: