Sunday, October 05, 2008

From one Soldier to Another

Today at church, we welcomed a soldier back from Iraq. He was given a warm welcome and a standing ovation. Little did I know, that when this soldier left a year ago (a very tearful goodbye), my son would be sent off by him today. My first born leaves for Navy Basic training Tuesday morning. Today, Daniel offered him encouragment and then, as brothers and sisters in the faith gathered around, Daniel offered a special prayer for Justin. It was a beautiful, bittersweet time of tears of goodbye, joy and pride. This mom never knew how hard it was for loved ones to say goodbye as those dearest to their hearts left to sacrifice for our country. Today, I felt the pain that Daniel's wife felt a year ago. I didn't have a clue how heart breaking it would be. This has truly been a year of letting go. Father, I give Justin to you...be with him in my place.

No comments:

Post a Comment