Friday, October 21, 2005

Six Years Ago Today

Sue's journal entry dated 10/21/1999 11:09 PM. She was traveling on a Northwest flight from Des Moines to Memphis. These were her thoughts as she was minutes away from meeting Katie face to face for the first time. At this point, Sue had no idea she would one day live in TN, let alone share a home with Katie who is now her best friend, accountability partner, and sister in Christ. It bloggles the mind!



Northwest FlightOh man, I can't believe this is really happening! In about 50 minutes I will be meeting Katie face to face!! I am so excited I could scream -- but I don't want to startle these passengers around me! So I sit here quietly -- shouting inside and the only thing showing is my great big smile and the occasional stifled -- "Can't believe it's really happening!"

It feels like a dream -- is this how all encounters with God are? The moment of salvation is rather foggy -- Oh please God -- I pray that the moment in the terminal be imprinted on my heart forever. You have called me to visit TN -- bless this time I do have here. Let me be a vessel of your work! Give me faith to be obedient to You!! Thank You Father! Wooohooo! My heart is really racing -- it is an awesome feeling walking in Your will!! I feel NO guilt, NO apprehension, TOTAL peace with where I am at, where I am going this weekend. Allow me to experience You God. I love you Jesus -- manifest your presence through me and through the lives of the brothers and sisters I shall meet!! Let my words and my deeds glorify Your Holy Name -- In Jesus' Name -- AMEN

blood rushOh Oh Oh -- I am so nervous!! This adrenaline rush started at 2:06 today -- don't know why 2:06, but when I felt my chest swell the first time it was 2:06 PM. It subsided and resurfaced throughout the day but right now I think it is HERE TO STAY! WoooHooo! I really am freaking out now. Pilot said 20 minutes!! AAAAAUUUGHH!! OMG!! OMG!! Good thing my blood can't get speeding tickets! It is really racin' through this body of mine. -- Ohhhh -- the anticipation is sooooo awesome!! I CAN'T WAIT yet I don't want this moment to end -- God, keep my heart as alive as it is right now throughout this visit!! Thank you for bringing Katie and I together in Spirit ----- Now thank you for this gift of togetherness in the flesh!!

Woohoooo!! OMG! OMG! only 15 more minutes! I am freaking ---- wonder what Katie is thinking right now? Wonder about Ricky? AAAAAUUUGGHH! This is so fun!! Fun Fun Fun!! :-) :-) :-) I could just BURST!! Right Now! Kaablam!! Oh how exciting ----- words ain't cutting it at the moment!

Landing -- Landing -- tray tables up!

Heart pounding -- pounding - pounding - very fast! I think I am one step away from defibrillation!! LOL

OMG OMG OMG!! Sigh -- need to catch my breath! WOW WOW! I can't believe this is really happening!! Thank you Father for THIS --- Thank You so so very much!! AAAAAUGHHH!!

Beginning descent -- Good thing I am not one for fainting -- if I were, I would be out like a light at the moment. This is way toooooo cool! Awesome! The Adrenaline -- Adrenaline!! -- This is very climactic!!

WoooooHoooo -- little turbulence going on! Great like I need the plane adding to my tummy troubles! I can't believe I just used the word "tummy!" -- Katie rubbin' off on me!! Mississippi River

Awesome -- looking out window!! BIG RIVER - cool!

I need a paper bag to breathe in! No I don't -- Documenting this is distraction enough for the life altering event that will be taking place in AAACK! about 10 minutes!! Oh Boy, Oh Boy --- WoooooHooooo!! MAN AM I ON MAJOR ADRENALINE -- I THINK I COULD LIFT A CAR -- OR A TRUCK OR MOVE A BUILDING!!! Wow -- I am alive --- ALIVE!! OMG!!

Comin' in ---- Comin' in --- landing gear down!

I can't believe this is really happening!!! I'm scared. I'm scared. Oh my --- nervous!! Very nervous!! Oh God --- what do You have in store for me? For US this weekend? I anticipate great things.

Almost to the ground -- -- - - ---- - - - - ----- - - - - - --

My heart is gonna leap right out of my chest!!! TOUCHDOWN!!

COME BACK HEART!! OH MY -- NOT BREATHING! OK OK --- calm down!! Can't believe it --- I am here!! I AM RIGHT WHERE GOD WANTS ME AND IT FEELS GREAT!! AWESOME IN FACT!! ------- Whew!

Well - just a few minutes til I see my sister!! WooooHoooo!! I am soooooo nervous and excited!! * Pant * Pant * Pant *

Well --- Let's Do It -------- WOOOOOHOOOOOO!!!!!

:-) :-) :-)

God is Good TO ME!!

God is Soooooo Good!!

All the time ---- and especially right now!!!

Whooooooooo!!





You can read more about how we became friends here.

No comments:

Post a Comment