Thursday, October 06, 2005

0% Dixie! YES!

I'm from the Midwest...born in Cleveland, OH and raised in Hinckley, OH in Medina County. I lived all my life in the Midwest, in Michigan and Iowa, and moved to "Dixie" almost six years ago. I feel very good about the results of my "linguistic profile"! Yay! 0% Dixie! ZERO! I feel like a hero!

Some of the questions made me smile, is it shopping cart or buggy? Every time we go to the store Katie and I tease back and forth about that. I always say "cart!" and she says "buggy!", but I notice if you put the word "shopping" in front of those words, people here call it a "shopping cart", I've never heard "shopping buggy", and no one can explain to me why the word changes when you leave the "shopping" part off.

Does "y'all" roll off your tongue or is it something you just don't say? The option for that one did not include "you fight with a passion to avoid saying it at all costs!" Can you imagine having to go for brain surgery and the surgeon says "Ok, y'all, scalpel". LOL



Your Linguistic Profile:



75% General American English

10% Upper Midwestern

10% Yankee

5% Midwestern

0% Dixie


No comments:

Post a Comment