Saturday, October 29, 2005

Retreat

I haven't been contributing much in the area of blogs these days. Life is so time consuming! There are so many things I want to do and I do practically none of them. Aside from my first and most important ministry as a mom, I'd like to share 3 things that I would like to do if time were more merciful and plentiful.

First, I would be doing more Bible study and journaling. I want to write a book..several books actually. I have them in my head, outlined on paper, but I just can't seem to find the time to get my thoughts together and continue to write. I have a chronic case of writer's block. Sometimes things come to me when I'm not even thinking about it. Some of my best blogs came about that way, like the one on the first and greatest commandment. I'd love to have a column in the paper or a Christian magazine. Then, as a result, hopefully, someday there will be a place for me in women's ministry.

Second, I'd love to be more involved in theatre and the arts. I am planning to paint more. I'll be going on a retreat by myself for the first time ever next week. Oh, I covet the prayers of anybody who reads this. I'll be taking a camera and hopefully getting some beautiful pictures of God's creation to paint. I already have 3 paintings in mind that I want to do as soon as possible. Hopefully, the pictures on my retreat will enhance what I already have in my head.

Third, I'd be studying how to play the piano. I already play the organ but I haven't had access to one in years. I'm really rusty. I'd like to brush up and further my studies in that area.

I want to go back to college as soon as possible, but I'm really not sure what I want to major or minor in. I thought it was social work but, I feel like I would be so bound to the government that way. I would like to be able to help women who are trapped in situations of domestic violence. Victims trying to start over need help to do it. It would be great to see welfare gone and the Church taking care of social welfare by helping others to help themselves, but that's another blog,(and a book that I hope to write). I want to see the victims of domestic violence experience complete healing and restoration...God's way...through mercy, faith, and forgiveness (not necessarily in that order).

These are a few of the things I plan to talk with God about when I go on my first solo spiritual retreat next weekend. But, more than anything, I will be praying for God to draw me close to Him so that I can focus more clearly on what He wants and what His will is for my life...right now. I will be praying for my focus to remain on Him and serving Him in THIS moment. I just want to have a closer walk with Him. I want to bask in the Glory of His presence and find some peace and contentment in this constant whirlwind I've created by not depending on Him as I should. I will be seeking His guidance on managing my home, my career, and the hopes I have of one day being married again.

I'm looking so forward to this. I'm so excited about what God is going to do and how He's going to change my life! I know He will! He always does when I sacrifice time to be alone with Him...whether it's a few minutes, an hour, a day, or in this case, several days. I hope to experience some major physical, mental, and spiritual breakthroughs. I'm doing this because I need time to rest in God, to fellowship with Him, and to give him all of the distractions of my life so that He can help me clear things up a bit. I'm praying for and end to the spiritual desert I've been wandering in for quite some time now. I'm also praying for Him to mend my broken heart and restore relationships that need mending in my life.

This is just for starters. I'll be journaling during this time of retreat and hopefully, God will bless me with some wonderful blogs when I return. In the meanntime, I ask for prayer...without ceasing.

The Lord Is My Shepherd
I shall not want
He makes me lie down in green pastures
He leads me beside the still waters
He restores my soul.....

Ps. 23

No comments:

Post a Comment