Saturday, October 22, 2005

Christian Cafe

I've got a profile at Christian Cafe, a Christian singles dating site. I can't say I'm seriously looking...but, I figure, why not?

I lament that I never get mail.

Katie thinks it may have something to do with how I've answered the first "essay" question in my bio:

I am looking for the relationship that God created me for. I want only His best for me and that is exactly what I am waiting for. Just as Jesus pursues His bride, His Church, I expect the man that God has chosen for me will also take initiative and pursue me. Is that you? If so, follow the Lord's lead and email me.

(Please note: "Winks" are stupid.)

I think it is important for a potential match to know that I am a strong, independent woman, who has a desire to be in a relationship with someone who can share life with me, good and bad. I have lived enough life to know struggles, and enjoy triumphs. I love Jesus Christ first and foremost, and any relationship I have should recognize that, encourage that, and revel in that with me.

I want someone who can accept all the love I have to give, and I have a lot!

* * ADDENDUM I * *

I find it interesting at a Christian singles dating site that in the multiple choice questions about describing your faith there are choices like:

  • It has a significant place (I would hope so!)
  • It has a place (again, yes, I would hope so!)
  • Still trying to figure it out (keep looking and searching!)
  • I believe in God (He is pursuing you!)
  • It`s personal (He desires a personal relationship with you!)
My match would be someone who chooses "it defines who I am". No question.

* * ADDENDUM II * *

Now, after a couple weeks of browsing profiles and a few short emails back and forth, I'm starting to determine that I would like someone who HATES this "game" as much as me. I'm getting very tired of thinking things like:

  • "Oh, he/she's too beautiful for me, why bother quick messaging." or "Oh wow, why did I even post my picture?" (It seems so superficial!)

  • I wonder what impression people get of me from reading this profile? No wonder I rarely get email!

  • "I wonder if he/she'll respond?" (Am I wasting my time and/or money with this silly stuff?)

  • "Am I making a fool of myself contacting this person?" (What are they going to think when they read this email?)

  • "Does Christian Cafe ever delete old profiles so I quit contacting people who don't even own computers anymore or are in a relationship/no longer interested/DEAD!?"

  • "Why can't someone just find ME? I'm sick of looking!"

  • "Should I write? Why hasn't he/she responded? What's wrong with me? What's wrong with him/her? I know God created a person for me...what if they aren't on Christian Cafe?"

  • "Ok, he/she replied...does that mean we are now communicating? Who's in charge here? Should I reply to the reply? What am I doing?"

  • "Boy, this is stupid."

No comments:

Post a Comment