Saturday, October 08, 2005

Crash

We tried to watch Crash tonight. Ugh. Hard to watch through all the horrid language and sex stuff. Gave up a third of the way through. I thought we'd be prepared after having read the review at pluggedinonline.com but we weren't. Katie kept complaining, I was just upset that it was so hard to watch because I did find a lot of it intriguing.

Interesting exploration of stereotypes of all types of people though. I think if the LA were really like that it would self-destruct, and soon.

Racism, prejudice and stereotypes are rampant in society, however I'm not convinced it is to the the extent this movie portrays, and I definitely think the point could have been made without the hundred plus F-words, and gd's. Ugh. It was a bit overkill and with all the racism/prejudice it was close to ridiculous and almost served to invalidate the point.

If I can get an "edited" version someday I may finish watching it.

No comments:

Post a Comment