Sunday, April 17, 2005

Stupid Question of the Day

Yet another stupid question of the day! (Someday I will have to search my blog for all past "stupid question of the day" posts and make a list!)

Customer: "I don't know the name of the song or who sings it, but it starts with a C"

Me: "The title of the song starts with a 'C'?"

Customer: "Yes"

Me: (not really believing that this person is standing there waiting for me to magically announce I know exactly what song they are looking for) "I think I need a little more to go on."

Customer: "Will your computer search for songs starting with the letter 'C'?"

Me: (still not really believing that this person is really going to search for all songs that begin with the letter "C") "Yes it will and it will pull up at least a million songs that begin with the letter 'C'".

The customer proceeds to begin his search for the song on the computer. He started with C.

I just don't understand how people like this manage to exist successfully in society.

**UPDATE** The rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrest of the story.....

After the man searched on the computer for about twenty minutes, I went over to "check" on him. He said "I REMEMBERED THE SONG" and it is something like "Can't Get Enough of Your Love". I said "Oh, that's Barry White. I found a Barry White CD with that song on it, played it for him on the listening point and he verified "that's it!"

Hmpf! I really thought it was going to be THIS!

Yay. Happy Ending.

No comments:

Post a Comment