Saturday, April 09, 2005

Iowa IV - Meeting New Friends

Deleana and Connie

Meeting Deleana was a real treat. I knew right away we'd be good friends. She reminds me so much of me when I was married. Her humility and love are beyond words. Her kids are well mannered, smart and funny. Her faith is so strong. I remember when mine was like that. (I realized during my visit that something was missing in my life, a fire has dwindled down to a very small flame. My faith is so much smaller than it used to be and I want it to burn brightly again. I have lost my childlike faith.)

On Sunday we met somebody special. Deleana told Sue that Connie was dying to meet me. I have no clue why, but she has been praying for us for a long time. We met at a coffee shop called Holy Grounds....isn't that funny? What a great name for a Christian coffee shop. Connie and I hit it off as if we were old friends and when she hugged me, I knew our appointment was Divine.

So, there we sat, the four of us. We began sharing our visions and hopes for the future. We dreamed up this Christian mall where hurting people could come to hear the word of God while having coffee, getting a hair cut, buying wholesome movies and music for their families...and so forth. We also discussed a common vision of having a mini conference like the Women of Faith in our own areas. In the process, we began to choose which of us is most like one of those ladies. It turned out to be quite funny. In fact, our whole visit was hysterical. We laughed so loud, so hard, and so long that we were beginning to think that other shoppers would think we were at a bar instead of a coffee shop!!!!!

I mentioned to Connie that I had just begun working in women's ministry and she confirmed that this had been a Divine apointment. She just retired from 30 years in women's ministry. We made a date for Saturday night to get together for tea. (We both love tea and she lives in a tea home! Tea stuff everywhere! I loved it!) Oh, speaking of tea...I have to go get mine.

So, while Sue was at Tina's wedding, I was getting blessed at Connie's. We went out for tacos then shopping for the dinner she was having for the 4 of us girls, her husband, and son on Sunday evening. When we returned to her tea house, we went downstairs to watch a Beth Moore video and to discuss women's ministry stuff. That was the greatest part of all!

The video was awesome. We were both shouting out loud as Beth gave the most powerful message I have ever heard her give. It was video number 9 of the new Believing God series. Perhaps I'll share more about that in another blog.

Connie and I discussed the video while eating tea and fresh baked chocolate chip and caramel pecan cookies! The cookies were the only presence of sin in the room during this time LOL. We made a heart connection through her ministry to me as she encouraged me in ministry to others. She is so full of the Spirit and blessed me to the bottom of my toes! When the evening came to a close, she once again told me that our time together was a Divine appointment. I believe she was right.

The best was yet to come, however. Church was the next morning and then a special meeting after dinner that evening. I think Sue wants to share about church so I'll stop here. But, I will continue with the Iowa series after Sue's next episode!

Take it away Sue!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment