Monday, April 11, 2005

Amazing Love

 Author:  Katie

I have been really down this week and far from God in my spirit. I was longing for the worship experience I had in Iowa last week. I was listening to the enemy's condemning words and feeling like my life was meaningless and I was going nowhere...a failure in every aspect. I wanted to bring back the innoculation that I received through the FBC women. I wanted to spread it when I returned home. I even prayed before I left that I would do just that. Instead, I felt a longing to go back to where I got my boost. I knew this wasn't what God wanted. And through studying this weeks assignments God has shown me what He wants. He wants me to focus on His purpose for me instead of everything else. He wants me to glorify Him. He created me for HIS pleasure not mine! As the worship team took us through the musical part of our worship yesterday, I found myself lost in despair. I LOVE WORSHIPPING HIM THROUGH MUSIC! That is the biggest way I connect with God and I couldn't! It just wasn't there. Then, I looked to my left and saw a visitor standing beside our pastor's wife....WORSHIPPING! She reminded me of ME when I abandon myself to Him! She was lost in that place where it's just you and God. I know that place. I go there when I worship with total abandonment. I go there when I'm not caring what everybody else is doing or what they think. I go there when I humble myself and remember MY PURPOSE!!!! Oh praise be to the God who created me for His pleasure..to be HIS GLORY! May I be a vessel broken and spilled out before Him every day like I was on Sunday morning as I fell to my knees amongst the congregation standing around me. The tears flowed like a river and I felt His presence overwhelm me.

I got up and went over to the vistor and hugged her while we were still singing. We had never met before. I thanked her for leading in worship from her seat. You don't have to be on stage to lead in worship. I noticed that she started out worshiping freely. Then, one other person opened up a little more. Then somebody on the other side of her began lifting her hands in praise...that's when I fell to my knees because I knew that humility before my God was in order. I worshipped him first on my knees in tears...not singing, not lifting my hands. Then, it was HIS loving hand that lifted me and I stood, and lifted my hands to Him!!!!! THAT IS PURPOSE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Today for the first time, I awakened anticipating the day and looking forward to going to work.

I am unworthy but in His love and mercy, He sent a Savior who has made me worthy!!!!!!!!! He is Love in it's most perfect form! I find it hard to believe that I was created by HIM for HIS pleasure!!!! HE created me to be HIS glory! It's hard to fathom. Words just don't do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment