Sunday, January 23, 2005

A Psalm of the Lost

In SaLT with WaLT today I was asked to read Psalm 23 "in the negative". We got some laughs out of it (especially when I said 'He makes me stand in tall, brown weeds'), but then Walt brought it back around when he asked us to really think about the lost.



It was no longer funny.



Psalm 23 revised:



The LORD is not my shepherd, I shall always be in want.

He does not make me lie down in green pastures,

he does not lead me beside quiet waters,

he never restores my soul.

He does not guide me in paths of righteousness

for his name's sake.



When I walk

through the valley of the shadow of death,

I will always fear evil,

for you are not with me;

your rod and your staff,

they do not comfort me.



You do not prepare a table before me

in the presence of my enemies.

You do not anoint my head with oil;

my cup is empty.

Surely goodness and love will be far from me

all the days of my life,

and I will never dwell in the house of the LORD.




A psalm of the lost.

No comments:

Post a Comment