Saturday, January 01, 2005

Another Year Gone

Wow.



Time sure flies by when you are getting older! I remember reading once somewhere that as a person ages, time really is psycologically perceived to go faster. I think that is weird, but I experience it.



I remember as a kid, summers lasted forever. So did the last day of school! LOL I couldn't wait for the bell to sound at 3:00pm so I could run out to the bus, be dropped off to a whole summer of freedom and joy and laughter and fun! Something interesting I learned when I became a teacher is that the last day is just as anticipated and just as long! LOL



Now years are flying by for me. I can't believe that I will now be going into my sixth year living in TN. One of my employees asked me this morning at work if I was going to eat black-eyes peas and hog jaw tomorrow? I said firmly "NOOOOOO! that must be a southern thing. I never even heard of it until I moved here! ICK!" LOL



She said "you have lived in the south long enough, it's time!"



"NO! I will never refer to myself as a southerner!"



Black-eyed peas and hog jaw? Interesting.



Where I'm from, the Midwest, it was pork and sauerkraut. It all does seem to be pig related. Wonder what makes a pig so special?



I hate sauerkraut. I hate anything having to do with cabbage.



What the heck am I talking about? LOL



I have to work tomorrow. It's too late for absurd posts such as this!





No comments:

Post a Comment