Saturday, October 02, 2004

Shoutfest

SHOUTFEST RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAKED!



We arrived about 3 hours into the festival and missed the early bands.



Oh, my throat is sooooooooo raw from SHOUTING TO THE LORD!



Rachael Lampa was the first performer we saw. She played a lot of her new stuff which I don't think is her best. She did do "Blessed" off her first CD, but I wish she would have done more. I find her first CD to be her best because it was aimed at an adult listener and it was solid. Her last two have been more pop with a hint of R&B sylings, kind of like Stacie Orrico and I just don't think it's Lampa's niche. Her performance was good, but I really didn't know the songs which can take away.



Seventh Day Slumber put on a great show and the testimony shared was a tear jerker. It had to move a few hearts and I can tell that God is using those young men to glorify Himself. The most worshipful song was "Candy" and it was so cool to see the "rockers" in the audience worshipping God together with such energy!



Jump 5 came out next and I wasn't looking to forward to that because I just don't do pop music, but I have to say that these young kids put on a very entertaining show. I was exhausted just watching them. THEY CAN DANCE! Whoo! Their show was non-stop moving and action and jumps and flips and dance and cartwheels and, well, I was impressed! With the dancing...there is no way the singing was going on during all that...it had to be synched, except for the many times the one kid would "Whoo". His "Whooing" was annoying he did it so much. All in all, I have to admit I was quite entertained by their energy and upbeat songs.



Tait took the stage next and they were my favorite. This is where I lost my voice. Oh wow! They ROCKED THE HOUSE! They opened with "Lose this Life" and I even got to hear "Numb" off the latest disc. Got to hear a snippet of "Jesus Freak" and "I Want To Be In the Light" from some old DC Talk stuff. Wow! It was so much fun! I was shouting and screaming and doing a lot of "woohoooing"! I WAS HAVING A BLAST!



The bad part about it was that it was so cold. While the bands were playing it was easier to forget that my nose was frozen, but in between bands, I froze!



Petra ended the festival...we stuck around for some of their set, but we are pretty unfamiliar with their stuff and finally left. It was too cold!



I think that Jackson supported this festival pretty well so I hope to see some more roll through.



Oh my aching throat...off to get a lozenge, and then some rest.



Below you will see some of "updates" from Shoutfest, courtesty of Audioblogger.

No comments:

Post a Comment