Wednesday, October 27, 2004

OnSite Computer Guys

Mitch from OnSite Computer Guys came onsite to fix my computer. He took it with him when the diagnosis wasn't good. There is still hope, but that flickering light is dwindling.



So far two techies have told me that there is a physical problem with the hard drive, and of course this comes only a month after the warranty on my year old cowbox computer expired. Boo.



Well, I'm beginning to think that I should take some computer classes and learn about hardware. So far I am able to install modems, soundcards, RAM...next is the hard drive replacement.



As I pine for the irreplaceable stuff on the cowbox pc, things like pictures and special emails, I find myself more upset with having to redo all the special settings for the different sites I visit. You know, the cookie settings, the Norton settings, ad-block settings. Wah! I hate this!



Oh, and I'll need to redo all the configurations of my Battlefield 1942 game! ARGH! Oh well, after I prayed for my computer I realized that Jesus did not teach us to ever pray for inanimate objects...I quickly focused my prayer for Mitch the techie!



So, for now I am stuck using my old Compaq with little memory, a slow processor and dying hard drive. Hopefully it will hold out until Cowbox recovers from his extreme makeover! At least I can get online to check email, blog and stay up on current events. I just miss playing my games!

No comments:

Post a Comment