Wednesday, April 30, 2003

A Funny Thing Happened...

Author:  Susan L. Prince

Katie made some brownies...and mmmmmmmmmmm they smell so good! I stood up to go snatch one from the still warm pan and in the middle of the pan where a brownie should be there was a gaping hole. How could this be? I wasn't the first one to the brownies! Hmpf! I thought it quite bizarre that the middle brownie was missing so I inquired of Katie "what happened here?" and she said "I baked 'em and that's the one I wanted!" LOL

As we sat on the backyard swing today pondering God's creation and how our friendship has evolved, we reminded each other of some funny things that have happened during the past few years. One story Katie reminded me of was of one night when we were doing bible study at her house and her boy Justin, then about 11 years old asked if he could play "Intendo". I told him that the proper pronunciation is "Nintendo", there is an "N" in front. He said that he knew and just preferred to say Intendo. Ok, ok. I asked him how he would like it if we left the "N" of of his name and just called him "Justi". LOL He went off into his room and played "Intendo". For a while after that Katie and I rattled off different words with silent "N"s. The funny one was my own name! Susan Prince becomes Sue's a priss! LOL

No comments:

Post a Comment