Tuesday, April 22, 2003

"Am I Not Big Enough?"

Author: Katie

Today was a day of blessing once again. I have to begin by going back to yesterday. I spent a good part of the morning on the phone with child support services and the McNairy County Circuit Court. Child support stopped coming in January this year. I have been battling to get somebody on the case ever since. It has been a long, dragged out, pass the buck type situation. I have begun to worry about next fall (duh). It will be too difficult to work and go to school full time, so I may have to sacrifice school. My heart breaks when I think of it. Next spring I will earn my first degree. That is, if I don't have to go to work instead.

God keeps telling me not to worry. As usual. But, I do. As usual. Well, today, I recieved a check for some left over grant money that I forgot about...God's provision for this month.......Anyhow, I was debating on whether I should tithe since I have so much catching up to do. A song came on the radio, a fairly new one by Rachel Lampa. I don't know the name of it but it got me to thinking and in that time I heard God say "Am I not big enough?"

He reminded me of all the difficult times I have had financially since my marriage died. I recalled all the times he blessed my tithe. He provided this check for me. I finally made up my mind and thought something like, "Ok, God, I'm going to trust you. I am going to give back what was Yours to begin with." When I got home, Tiffany came in from checking the mail. There was an envelope addressed to my family. In it was a note that said, "Happy Easter. I have been thinking about you this month and I hope this is a help to your family. May God bless.

Taped inside the note was a little more than the tithe I had decided to pay. I have no idea who it's from. This is not the first time this has happened. It is no coincidence, believe me. If you haven't read the story about God's Gift on the Sister's website, I recommend that you take a few minutes to read it now. It is yet another of many testimonies of God's provision.

Yes, God, You ARE big enough!

No comments:

Post a Comment