Thursday, March 13, 2003

Who's Gonna Read to Me?

Every night Katie's kids want to have their devotional read to them. Every night it's the same routine...kids get their showers, head to bed, and then we inevitably hear Justin shout "Who's gonna read to me?". Every night Katie's kids want to have their devotional read to them. It is actually a motivator for them to get to bed by 9:00 pm, if they aren't in bed on time, they won't get read to. Katie feels blessed that her children love to hear God's Word before they go to sleep, so much so that they make sure to get to bed on time every night...well...almost every night.

Tonight I got an extra special blessing at reading time. I have been sick with a very sore throat which makes talking difficult and painful. Instead of hearing Justin ask "Who's gonna read to me?", he came out to me with his devotional and asked if he could read it to me. I thought that was pretty cool, so we went in to the living room and he read to me. The lesson was a God saying "no!" and how we can always trust His answer. I thought it was awesome that Justin read to me. Isn't that sweet?

As I got up, he said "wait, we forgot to pray!", so I knelt down beside the couch and held Justin's hand in mine and prayed with him. I thanked God for blessing my life by putting Justin in it.

I also pray that God won't let me forget how much I am loved.

2 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh! I am bawling!!!! Those are my favorite memories with my kids.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sue, I love how you jumped in and started helping me out on devotion time when they were little. I remember there were many nights where I fell asleep with them after reading.

    ReplyDelete