Friday, March 28, 2003

A God Thing?

Author: Susan L. Prince

Last year I had an employee that I really had to come down hard on and counsel. She started out as an excellent employee and was for a couple years, then suddenly her performance dropped off. I learned about some personal problems she was having at home and thought that her problems at work probably stemmed from whatever was going on in her personal life. I am the manager and I have a store to run, so I had to counsel her and eventually during one counselling session Melissa got up and walked out. She said "I'm leaving and I am not coming back." She didn't come back.

Until today. Melissa came into the store today and greeted me with a big hug. The first thing I noticed is that she was very pregnant. Hmmmmmmmm...?

Since that day she left I have occassionally lifted her up in prayer and wondered what she was doing and hoping she was getting her life together. We talked and talked today and I learned that indeed her trouble was from hormones and her boyfriend who struggles with alcoholism. I knew it was not a good situation and I told her that I heard she had moved back to Chattanooga. She told me she did, but she and Jeff needed time apart so they took it, and all the while she was dealing with her pregnancy. She said it's been crazy..."but fun!" She looks so happy. I asked about Jeff and she said they are both working on their relationship. I asked specifically if Jeff is getting help with his issues and was told that he was getting counselling from a Christian counsellor. HALLELUJA!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I said "answered prayer".

Melissa admitted that she was bringing her problems to work and that she knew I knew something was up. I told her I often thought of her and how she was doing. I had felt bad that things in the "end" were not good and I was so glad she stopped by today. It was really cool to know that she is working hard on her relationship with Jeff and that he is getting Christian counselling. They do plan to marry. So, no hard feelings and it really feels good. God is good.

She'll bring the baby by she said and hopefully I will start to work on her again about getting to church! Say a little prayer for Melissa and Jeff today...for their salvation and that they are able to work out all their relationship difficulties and bring their baby into a healthy and well-functioning home.

No comments:

Post a Comment