Sunday, March 09, 2003

Response to a Comment

Author: Katie

I am writing this blog to respond to a comment made on the blog titled "Divided We Fall".

hard to tell if you are being facetious or serious. be that as it may, the words "under God" were not added until 1954, when we had an all-republiccan majority in congress and the white house. so the question is, was our republic always under God or wasn't it? so what then does it matter if we have the words in the pledge? just thinking out loud ...

I guess I was probably thinking out loud myself. VERY LOUD. It's not important as to whether the words "Under God" are in the pledge or not. What is important is that this nation has been very blessed by God. So, the phrase "Under God" was only added in 1954. This is the question I am led to ask now: What was it that motivated the republican majority to add that phrase to the pledge? I will have to do some research in order to answer that question. So, when I finish all my homework from school, I'll attempt to do that. Unfortunately, it may take several years before I finish my homework!

However, my opinion, for what it's worth, is that we have always been under God. I believe that God has blessed this nation from its birth because America was searched out and established for His glory. So, since the comment gives credit to the republican party for this additon, I believe they added that phrase to the pledge because it wanted to publicly recognize God for the blessings He has given us a nation. The prosperity of this nation can only be credited to God alone. For without Him we can do nothing. As time goes on our nation is moving further and further from the life that God desires us to live. We are pushing Him out. When He is pushed far away enough, we will no longer fall under his blessing. We will just fall. That's my opinion. It doesn't matter how big our guns are or how many we have. Without God we have nothing. We are powerless. In some ways, yes I was being facetious but I was also trying to send a message. I praise God for the republican majority that voted Him in! I pray for those who are slowly voting Him out.

No comments:

Post a Comment