Monday, October 07, 2002

I Now Know Why Many In Tennessee are Toothless

I go for my root canal tomorrow. I am blessed...I have insurance. It will still cost me $250 tomorrow, which by the Grace of God, I will be able to pay by postponing some other bills. That's $250 with insurance! What does a person without insurance do? Let their teeth rot out. That explains why I see so many living here in western TN without teeth. I find it repulsive. Many have black teeth, and many no teeth at all. It is digusting and I don't understand why people don't take care of themselves better, but I brush my teeth daily. I am not good about flossing and all that extra tooth care, but mine are in pretty good shape and I ended up with a problem that will require a procedure that costs in upwards of $1200...that doesn't include the crown which will come later. I now look at those without teeth a bit differently. They aren't as blessed as I.
What is wrong with our world? This is not what God created us for. He gave us free will and we chose wrong! We chose sin. We could have had it all! We could have kept our teeth! Now, we have bodies that rot and doctors that wont' accept payment plans. Doctors who won't use their skill to help heal a sick person unless they can pay. Not all can pay. I can't wait for heaven. No need to pay. No need to pay at all...why? Because Christ paid it all! God tells us to hate this world. As a Christian, with the Hope of sharing eternity with my Lord, I can say I hate this world. God created it, and it is a beautiful place, but what have we done to it? I hate what we have done to this world and I praise God that He called me and chose me to spend eternity with Him. When He calls you...accept the invitation! Heaven will be so much better than this! I can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment