Friday, January 05, 2007

Podcasts

Here are a couple of podcasts to check out. The first is of my home church, Northbrook. One interesting thing about the messages from Northbrook is that they are delivered through a number of different men in the congregation who have an amazing ability to communicate. These are usually members of our PLT (Pastoral Leadership Team) who give a message on the current topic in whatever series we are going through at the moment. We also are blessed to have men from local Union University to teach as well. There are quite a few messages available online to listen to, and the fact that almost every week we hear from a different voice kind of keeps things from getting stuck in a rut. Chuck, the pastor, does deliver the majority of messages, but we also hear from George, Walt, and Russ quite often.

Click here for the podcast of The Gathering Place of Northbrook Church. (There is also a feed subscription in the right menu under "Podcasts".)

The next podcast I will point you too is that of First Baptist Church in Marshalltown, IA. I have roots there because it is at that altar that I accepted Jesus Christ as my personal Lord and Savior. The people there started me out in my spiritual walk and I will forever feel tied to that place. Pastor Richard Sipe is one of the most animated and passionate teacher/preachers I have ever had the good fortune to hear. He just has this way of making me understand how much God loves me. He is also fun!

Click here for the podcast of First Baptist Church, Marshalltown, IA. (Podcast feed listed in the right menu under "Podcasts".)

Then, you can listen to the amateur podcasts that Katie and I have thrust onto the unsuspecting world. Some hate it because we are so bad at it. We talk over each other at times and meander all over topics, never really discussing much of anything. (Our biggest trouble is finding podcast topics...so, offer some suggestions please!) Some love it because we have so much fun and the strength of our friendship comes through, even though we poke fun at one another quite a bit. It really is hard to listen to us and not laugh!

Click here to listen to Sisters' Podcast: It Bloggles the Mind!

And for some great Christian radio click HERE!

No comments:

Post a Comment