Thursday, January 18, 2007

Joined For Life

I went to Nashville on a business trip and since I choose not to have cable at my home, I must admit that when I have the opportunity to stay in a hotel, I enjoy checking out what is on TV. I surf the many available tv stations rarely finding anything of real interest or entertainment value. When I do find something that holds my attention, it is usually Court TV, the History Channel, Discovery and last night it was The Learning Channel.

I saw a most amazing story of two teenage girls who are "Joined for Life". They are conjoined twins who basically share a body. Abby controls one side of their body and Brittany controls the other. They play softball, ride a bike, type and have recently earned their drivers license! It is the incredible story of two sisters who literally can not live without one another.

This video is just a sample of the lives of these amazing teenagers, and if you ever have the opportunity to see the entire documentary "Joined For Life: The amazing story of Abigail and Brittany Hensel" go for it. It is so encouraging and fascinating to watch. (Let me point you also to Nick, a man born without limbs, who has an intriguing life story as well.)



The other amazing thing I learned was that every now and then there actually IS something worth watching on tv!

No comments:

Post a Comment