Thursday, June 30, 2005

Annie

Katie, Justin and I went to see "Annie" last night. It was put on by the The Jackson Recreation Children's & Teen Theatre. I wasn't really looking forward to going, but it was rather obligatory since Tiffany has a part in it as an "extra".

We all went to support Tiffany and I wasn't too thrilled about being there at all. I've never seen "Annie", but I HATE the song "Tomorrow" with a passion! I don't know why, I just do! I have also never seen the musical before and really had no desire to.

So, I was pleasantly surprised that I really enjoyed it! The first act was so good! I laughed so hard at some parts I was shaking the entire row of seats trying to not be loud and obnoxious. The young actress who played "Miss Hanigan" was VERY GOOD! She had me laughing out loud so much!

The little girl who played Annie was amazing! Great little actress and boy could she sing! The whole cast did so well with it. They grabbed my attention and held it for the duration of the production. Bravo!

Afterward, however, that was a different story. We followed the cast, and Tiffany, over to Perkins for the "cast party". We were none too thrilled to be going out this late, it was after 10:30 when the cast arrived at the Restaurant and close to midnight before the food orders arrived. Katie, Justin and I were sooooooooo bored! It's amazing what people will do to amuse themselves just trying to pass the time. We sang the "Bored Song" that we created impromptu. We took some pictures of each other making weird faces and laughed hysterically at ourselves. We even audio-blogged:

this is an audio post - click to play


That about sums up the cast party for the three of us!

No comments:

Post a Comment