Thursday, June 23, 2005

What Makes You Laugh?

My friend Katie tells me that she never knows what will set me off. She is referring to the things that make me laugh. Apparantly, at least this is what Katie beleives, I laugh at stuff "normal people" wouldn't laugh at.

So, I'm 38 years old and Larry the Cucumber makes me laugh! He is sooooooooo funny! Here's a sound clip of Larry describing how God made all the stars out of nothin'.

I also laugh at Katie a lot, she is really funny! Sometimes she is hard to follow because she PWEs a lot, that means she has "playing with eyeballs" moments, ie; she changes the subject a lot and does it without warning. We can be having a real heart to heart, and then out of nowhere she'll say something off the wall like "boy, moths sure do stink when they burn!" Where does she come up with this stuff!?!

I laugh at her kids at times, Tiffany can be really witty at times. She's the most fun when she's not trying to be funny! Justin can be dorky, but he makes me laugh. One night I laughed so hard because Justin was having trouble getting a load of wash keep from going off balance. He'd adjust the load, wait a second before walking away, and then as soon as he reached the door to leave, BUZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ, and the washer stops. One night he adjusted the load in the washer about three times and never made it out the laundry room door! On the fourth try, LOL, I laugh just remembering it...(and it's one of those things that probably won't be funny to the reader because you just had to be here!)...he shuts the washer lid, resets the machine and it starts the spin cycle. Justin waits a second, and then takes off running from one end of the house to the other and pauses in the hallway leading to his bedroom. I didn't understand what was going on, but he had my attention! When he stopped in the hallway, he froze in a pose with his body heading toward his room, but his head cocked to one side as he listened for the off balance buzz signal from the washer. After about three seconds, he pumped his fists and said "YEEEEEESSSSSSSSS!" LOLOLOL The washer was home free from that point on!

I laugh at sarcastic humor and wit. I'm not really impressed with slapstick comedy or stuff like that. I need intelligence. I get that from people at work, who can be very witty at times! They make me laugh, especially when we talk about some of the whacked customer issues that inevitably arise. For example, people walking into the CD store and asking "Do you have CDs?" or better yet, "Do you sell maps here?". (Why would I carry maps? LOL)

There are many things that make me laugh. Laughing is good for the soul,and it is a gift from God. It's healing and refreshing to let out a good belly laugh now and then...what makes you laugh?

No comments:

Post a Comment