Thursday, June 23, 2005

Embrace the Mystery

The framily went to see "Herbie Fully Loaded". Well, actually Katie, myself, Tif and Katie's mom went to see "Herbie", but Justin and his grandpa went to see "The Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy". I think the women had the best of the draw today!

"Herbie Fully Loaded" has some sentimental value to me. "Herbie" was one of the very first films I remember seeing in a theater as a kid. According to the International Movie Database, "The Love Bug" was released in 1968, so that would make me two years old when I saw it? Is that even possible for me to remember? My two grandmas took me to see it at a local theater in Canton, OH many many many years ago. I remember that the VW bug, Herbie, was at the theater on display too! That was so cool to see as a kid! "Herbie Rides Again" was release in 1974, but I know I was younger than eight when I saw the first Herbie movie. I just can't believe I have a memory from 1968, it would also ruin my belief that my first memory was the moonwalk as shown on tv at the moment it happened.

Sorry, I digress. So I really enjoyed "Herbie Fully Loaded". It was fast paced and didn't have any long drawn out scenes that bored me. There was action, sport, humor and since Herbie takes on human characteristics, it is easy to like him and want to root for the underdog.

Some of my favorite lines from the movie are some great one liners:

"I'm being carjacked by my own car!"
"Embrace the mystery that is Herbie"
"For a car, you aren't a very good listener"
This movie was just plain fun. Clean, family fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment