Saturday, March 05, 2005

I've Been Busy, Busy, Busy

Boy, my posting sure has slowed down! I have really been keeping busy lately, you know how life can get! Whoa!

Work is keeping me busy just trying to stay afloat so as to not drown under all the work. As usual, I am trying to hire another staff member for the management team. Why is this so difficult? I can get a hundred or so apps turned in each week, I narrow it down quickly to maybe five and of those five there are usually availability issues or some other hindrance. I hate this. I so bad want to have a strong staff, and I just feel like I'm limping along most of the time. I have a good one now, it's just that we are all running ourselves ragged! I just need some help!

I've taken on some additional responsibilities at church and that is also occupying a lot of my time. Also, my responsibilities with my gaming community have been increased as I am now a member of the Oversight committe which basically means I help mediate issues that arise on our server with members and whatnot. I volunteer to help out, but these days it has been rather time consuming to try to keep up. I want to pull my weight there, and I feel like I have not been doing that because of my other "real life" responsibilities.

I'm still using some of my "free time" to play in the community band and local university brass ensemble, so that keeps me playing and I enjoy doing that., but it adds to my busy schedule!

Well, I must sign off here so I can go write my own eulogy. That is my assignment for SaLT with WaLT this week. Write my own eulogy and epitaph for my tombstone. I did discover something interesting while "researching" eulogies: http://www.eulogywriters.com/ Eulogy writing, it's a business! I'm thinking it's not too bad a business to be in either...think JOB SECURITY!

No comments:

Post a Comment