Friday, September 13, 2002

Katie's Bloggin' in a Toboggan

Author: Katie

Okay, so I"m not in a taboggan. But I have been in some treacherous traffic all day! If somebody wasn't pulling out in front of me and then stopping, I was stuck behind Grandma or Grampa on a Sunday drive (Hello!!!!! It's ummmmmmm.......FRIDAY for Pete's sake! Who's Pete?) That makes me think of Peter in the Bible. I like Peter. He's so...........normal. I mean, don't we all have a tendency to stick our foot in our mouth? I do it on a regular basis ( so often that I've begun a recipe book Called "21 Ways to Enjoy A Foot Eating") Like today for instance....I thought I would be smart and answer a question in Algebra. The question: "What does x to the 0 power equal?" It equals 1. I was so proud that I answered right (that is very rare indeed) and then the teacher ruined everything..............For some strange reason he asked me to explain ....WHY!........I just simply replied with a smile and a look of satisfaction on my face and said......."Just because! :-)....." The teacher said that was true but it wasn't the answer he was looking for. LOL. Anyhow, then he asked what -7 to the zero power meant. Well, this girl and I got into an argument over it. I said it was 1 and she said it was -1........who was right you ask? Well, I should have learned my lesson when I answered the first question because once again he asked........Why?.......Why why why....Why does everybody have to know why? Anyhow I gave him my explanation. I knew what I was talking about (and I was sooo wrong) but I said something about fractions and he looked at me like I was from outer space and said........fractions??????? Anyhow, needless to say, the other girl was right. The answer was -1. Why you ask? BECAUSE! That's why! Just BECAUSE! Actually I do know why now but it was so obvious that I'm embarrassed to tell. So, I will just go on and try to make you believe I know just simply because I'm smart! Yeah! That's a good reason why.......because I'm smart and I said so! HA! Anyhow, the class got a good laugh from the teacher's look when I went into my explanation. They even got a better laugh when he explained the real reason why. Dah! I know I turned 3 shades of red. I don't like to turn red, although I like the color red. It makes me think of my son, Justin. It's his favorite color and since Justin makes me smile, when I get embarrassed and my face feels all warm, I think of how red it must be and I'm not embarrassed anymore because I think of Justin and that makes me happy! Well, I've gone of on a rabbit trail full of easter eggs so I guess it's time to bring this blog to an end.

the end

No comments:

Post a Comment