Thursday, June 28, 2007

Our Marvelous Mission Adventure Part I - Europe or Bust!

I can't believe I am home again. I just returned from a life-changing couple of weeks in Tirana, Albania. I originally intended to blog from there but we were so busy that what little time I had to myself, I had to spend doing laundry, preparing for the next day, and sleeping. So, I will be transferring some things from my journal in hopes to take my readers through a tour of my first official mission trip.

It began on June 10 at 5:30 in the morning. We met at the church to load up then left for Atlanta at 6:00. I learned a great lesson about getting men to stop to let women use the restroom. Let them know about an hour before you need to stop!!!

It was a mad dash to the restroom for many of us. Some of us (namely, me) were thankful that we brought an extra pair of clothes on the bus! Fortunately, I didn't have to use them...but for awhile I thought I was going to!

Airplane WingWe played games, sang, napped, listened to music and had a great time going to Atlanta. It was about 7 hours of road/stopping time before reaching the airport. We had time to kill so we had dinner before boarding the plane at 5:30 and taking off at 6:00 to head for Europe.

The plane was awesome! It was huge! It was a 7 hour flight to London. We were served an excellent dinner and had some time for a movie before we had to dim the lights for sleep.

There was a six hour time change. So, my body thought it was 1 a.m. when we arrived at 7:00 a.m. I caught somewhat of a decent nap on the plane so I was able to keep up pretty good in London. We had 4 hours between flights so that left us about 2 hours to run around London and that we did! We ran from place to place. We got to see lots of things like the London Bridge, Parliament, Big Ben, and St. Paul's Cathedral (from the outside). We snapped a few quick pictures before heading back to the airport.

Katie and Kids at London Bridge

























I couldn't believe that I got to set foot in London England! A year ago, I wouldn't have believed that I would be in London on this day in June! I got to see the famous "Mind the Gap" signs along the railway. I got to ride a double decker bus on the left side of the road! I was there! Wow!

At 12:00 we were off for the last part of our journey to Albania. That is part two of this marvelous mission adventure!

Currently I'm working on photo editing. I'll be adding pictures soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment