Saturday, June 16, 2007

Albania

Thanks to Skype, I was able to connect with Katie who is currently in Albania on a mission trip. The fact that she is 6 hours ahead of my time makes it difficult to meet online, but with some planning it's possible. The Internet is sooooo cool! The fact that I can talk to someone on the other side of the planet bloggles my mind! (Skype Name: Sue = susanlprince and Katie = beauty4ashes613)

She said that she was able to share some testimony in a prison this week and that God made Himself known to many women there who have never heard of Jesus. Many of the women listening to Katie share about having lived in abuse, and then about how God heals and loves, were moved to tears and crowded around Katie at the end asking for her to pray for them and wrote down family members to be prayed for too. It was very impactful for all there it seems.

She also describes some very interesting and DANGEROUS driving conditions with few rules of the road, crowded streets and 90 degree curves around cliffs! Funny thing is when I checked out Albania on Google Maps/Earth, the first thing I noted was the congested traffic...Katie says that is nothing! "It's like playing Frogger everytime you try to cross the street. Horns never stop honking!"

She told me I would die there because I'd starve. I'm such a picky eater that there would be NOTHING there for me to eat. I figure I could survive without food for a few weeks, but it doesn't matter, I have NO DESIRE WHATSOEVER AT ALL to go to Albania, or anywhere outside the country really...except maybe Iceland.
Albania

Albanians love American's and are still all hyped up about President Bush's recent visit which happened to be the day before the "Go Team", our mission team, arrived. Katie told me that the Albanian's are very hospitable and like to give gifts...where we might greet people with a handshake or a hug, they give gifts. Albania is a poor country, and Katie and her kids are learning that being poor in America, is not really poor at all. So, the fact that Albanian's like to give gifts, when they have so little, says a lot about the hearts of the people there. (The above picture was snagged from Bagel Belly Blog, and Katie has taken hundreds of pics of the mission, so those will be forthcoming.)

She said America could learn a lot from the people of Albania.

I'm hoping Albania can learn about Jesus from the Christians that descend on that country to share the Good News!

You can read updates about the "Go Team's" mission in Albania at northbrookchurch.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment