Friday, April 20, 2007

Can't Stop Thinking About Gram

I can't stop thinking about my Gram. Losing a loved one is never easy, but losing Gram is the most painful loss I think I've experienced thus far in my life.

She always dressed so nice and I'm not sure I ever saw her without a book nearby. This pic was at a friend and family reunion from about a year ago (June 2006), and it was the last time I was with her. She was 89 then and worked with my mom to get all the food prepared and table ready that day. She had a servant's heart.

Here she is sitting at the table on the deck of my parent's home in Ohio. The earliest guests had already arrived and we were all chatting on the beautiful early summer's day. And see...there is a book right there on the table!

When I see Gram in my mind's eye, this is often what I see.

"kitty hawk"...how perfect.

No comments:

Post a Comment