Friday, August 05, 2005

With True Friends, You Don't Even Have to Ask

Katie went on a trip to Arkansas to visit her mom and her family this weekend. I let her take my jeep, as her car has some miles run up on it and the Jeep is just a bit more comfortable on long trips. (I think she wants it for the CD player! lol)

As I drove home tonight I was cruisin', listening to the radio, and suddenly the car stopped running. It just shut off and all the dash lights came on "check engine" - "battery" - "airbag" - "seatbelt". Weird. I started losing speed and attempted to restart the car, but no go.

I happened to be very near home and in the neighborhood of my church, so I coasted into the bank parking lot across the street from my church. I sat there for a few minutes attempting to restart the car, but it wasn't going to start. I gave up and started walking toward my friend Carol's house.

I arrived there in just a few short minutes and asked for a ride. He ex-husband was there and came out to look at the car in the bank parking lot, but he was of no help, although he tried. Carol drove me home and asked me if I was working tomorrow. I said "yep, at 8am" and she immediately said "so, what time do I have to pick you up to be there in time". I smiled and told her 7:30. Then she made arrangements to pick me up from work, then get me to and from work again on Sunday.

I was as appreciative as I could be and told her she eliminated much stress and I was thankful. She said "you would do the same for me" and I said "that's true."

So, with true friends, you don't even have to ask for help...they just automatically offer it.

Now, my next issue is getting the car fixed. But, I'll worry about that tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment