Wednesday, August 31, 2005

Looters II

I don't know what the answer is for the looting problem. What do the business owners do? What should they do? How can someone protect their own property against these looters, these people who will take advantage of a lawless situation.

In my last post I was reacting with my emotions and I think Steve misunderstood me, but none the matter, he is right. I was saying to shoot those looters! Not kill, just shoot 'em! Stop them from taking advantage of their fellow man! Stop them from stealing! It is frightening to imagine those people, especially the criminal element, armed with the guns they looted, stealing and being their own law.

There is video of guards looting the Walmart!

Law enforcement is in rescue mode, trying to save lives! They shouldn't have to deal with looters too!

It is all so sad and it really angers me!

Maybe with all this video being shot, in 6 months all the pictures of the looters faces should be plastered throughout America for them to be seen and turned in and prosecuted and held accountable for their despicable behavior! What is sad is that I don't think that the looters would even be ashamed of their behavior. In fact, some are proud! I heard a quote today that I paraphrase here..."it's our chance to get back at society for the oppression."

They must be immune to shame to resort to kicking their neighbors when they are down!

No, I do not really believe we should shoot the looters, but I do believe people have the right to protect their person and their property.

There is a lot of good being done during these times. People are practicing selflessness and giving. There is compassion abound and American's will support those devastated by this disaster. The cities will rebuild. America is resilient and it's people are strong!

God forgive me for posting in anger and emotion. We should pray for these looters because the fact that they loot is a symptom of a much deeper and more important personal and spiritual problem.

No comments:

Post a Comment