Monday, February 21, 2005

Storms of Life

I woke up today to a very eerie green-orange sky. Through the shades it almost looked as if the sun was shining brightly at 6:30am. I got up and peaked through the shade and remarked "eerie".

I continued to get up to get ready for work. In the shower I heard the thunder and decided to cut my shower short.

When I got out of the shower, Katie yells from the other room that the wind suddenly picked up and a burst of hail hit. She and Tif got into the hallway (our tornado shelter) and when we looked out the window, our out shed was lifted off the platform and crashed into the fence surrounding our yard. Everything in the shed is now exposed to the elements.

The lawn mower was tipped on its side and leaked gasoline all over the tent. The fence needs repaired where it is now damaged.

Looks like I will be calling the insurance company this morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment