Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Katie Lives

Yes, I am actually posting at the Sisters' website. Most of my blogging has been through MySpace lately. You can go there to catch up on what's been going on in my life (as if anyone actually would want to do that LOL).

Well, so far I am faring well in this juggling act I've been performing for the last few weeks. I am home for only a short time in between the kid's school activities and work. Soon, I'll be starting classes myself. I'm working hard these days and often....and I'm LOVING IT! I have the most awesome job and I work with the most godly and lovable people.

I'm sad to report that I'm gaining weight because everytime I turn around I'm attending a breakfast, luncheon or banquet of some sort. In between there's candy and snacks at every corner. I'm beginning to see where the term "Freshman 20" came from!

Last Thursday night there was a banquet style faculty/staff dinner. On Saturday morning we (faculty, staff, Freshmen, and their families) worked in 100+ degree heat helping the students move into their dorms. I LOVED IT! HOW EXCITING! I got to talk to the parents about their kids moving out for the first time. I heard so many neat stories from so many moms, dads, and kids. They were all so appreciative of our help. I did start feeling sick after awhile because it got so hot. So, I went inside and helped sell tickets for the Student Life cookout that afternoon. The Student Life team provided the workers with pizza, chips and cookies for lunch.

On Saturday evening I returned to attend the chapel service to pray over the students and their families as they spent their last few tear-filled moments together before going their separate ways for the first time. (I'm tearing up just thinking about it since my son will be a Freshman in college next year).

On Sunday my department hosted a dinner for the first part of the student orientation. On Monday we had the faculty/staff luncheon. On Monday night I attended orientation for my upcoming night classes. There we had a light dinner of pizza and cookies and last but not least, this morning we had breakfast with the Freshmen.

Aside from all the eating, our office is moving to a new location in the school so things have been a bit up in the air lately. We are currently in the process of unpacking our new AWESOME office with a GREAT view! I can't wait until everything is up and running and we have some sort of a regular routine going again. I'm also excited about the new student workers that will be coming next week! I CAN'T WAIT! I'll finally have the opportunity to feel somewhat caught up again. Wooohooo!!!!

Okay so this blog is boring. Sorry, but this has been my life. It's not boring for me by a long shot! For all my friends who are wondering what I've been up to and why I haven't been online...there you have it!

Life is good (in spite of this summer cold I'm suffering from). I am very happy (even if it's an exhausted happy). I am praising God every single day for blessing me to overflowing with this wonderful new job. I LOVE seeing the kids walking around the campus. I love talking to them, helping them, and just being there for them. God really did put me right where He knew I would thrive.

My supervisors are pleased with my work and I have the utmost respect and admiration towards them. They are wonderful people!!!!!!!!!!

Praise God From Whom All Blessings Flow!

No comments:

Post a Comment