Friday, December 15, 2006

I Finished!

I finished my four weeks of training at my new job. I'm thankful that I was trained with all the basics by a knowledgeable staff who were very good about giving me feedback about my strengths and my weaknesses, along with some additional challenges they set for me.

I sought a new job in part because I wanted new challenges and boy do I have challenges now! There is a lot for me to learn, but my training store gave me very encouraging words and are very optimistic that I will do well. I am confident that I will do well because frankly, I have done a good job at anything I have tried, mostly because I work hard and want to succeed.

The only stumbling block I had during training was yesterday. For the first time in almost seven years I was sick! I took a sick day! I think I took one sick day at my last job that I held for about seven years, and before that the only time I remember missing work due to illness was for my back surgery in 1991 and 1992! I left work on Wednesday feeling a bit nauseaous, and then WHAM! Let's just say I spent most of the night in the bathroom and all of Thursday in bed trying to recover from that nasty bug or whatever it was that seems to have struck many in my workplace. Good thing is the recovery time is about 18-24 hours. It didn't last long, but it was BAAAAAAAAD! I woke up today feeling pretty good again...just a little weak from not having eaten much in the last 24 hours.

Well, I start my new job and my own store on Monday and I'm looking forward to that for sure! Woohooo! It's gonna be great!

No comments:

Post a Comment