Monday, August 30, 2010

Living the Call Day 1

Author: Katie

Jesus said to him, "You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, with all your soul, and with all your mind and with all your strength. This is the first and greatest commandment..." Mark 12:30

Today I begin a new historic moment in my life. A few months ago, God called me to take a huge leap of faith and give up my full-time job in order to live the call He placed on my life many years ago. It was not an easy decision to make by any stretch of the imagination. I had the most wonderful job in my life! I also liked my paycheck! However, He has provided for me to do this and all open doors pointed in this direction. He has set so many things into motion and now I am following His lead on yet another journey...one day at a time. I plan to record this journey as I go, here on Sister's Weblog. I know there are soooooo many fans just dying to take time out of their busy schedule to follow me on this journey! LOL.

Anyhow, this is going to be a very informal series of journals...more just to have for my personal record than anything else. However, I do invite friends and loved ones...and strangers even...to join me on this adventure. You never know...God may use it in your life somehow.

Today, as I opened the Word to seek God's order to my days. The topic of the discussion with my King was First things First...Mark 12:29-31 and Matthew 22: 37-40.

So, now I know the FIRST thing I need to do each day. Spend time with God. I didn't start today out very well because I cleaned and organized first when I was supposed to spend time with Him. Tomorrow I will do better.

The most important relationship I have needs to be the relationship I have with my Father.
Since I waited so long to start my quiet time today, I don't have time to elaborate on the things God spoke to me in this journal today...but I will edit and update tomorrow. Until then....

Love God.

No comments:

Post a Comment