Sunday, January 25, 2009

He Came From His Mommy's Heart

Bil Keane's Family Circus Adoption Strip 1993 'We came from Mommy's tummy.  But Joseph is adopted, so he came from his mommy's tummy'I think about adoption a lot. Recently there has been somewhat of an adoption explosion in and around my church which is soooooo cool.

Today, after finally getting motivated to clean, I was going through some old memorabilia and found something that I had hung on my refrigerator door for years. It is something I cut out from the newspaper in 1993 from the comic strip Family Circus by Bil Keane.

My motivation to clean ended quickly.

I treasured this strip for all those years and then lost it somewhere in all my moves. I Googled for it a couple of weeks ago and never did find the strip, but only found other people like me who cherish this thing called adoption recalling what the strip was from memory.

Well, I found my newspaper cutout of the strip and I am probably violating some copyright law by posting it. Oh well, it's a classic! I'll pull it off if need be, in the meantime, enjoy!

Romans 8:14-16 (King James Version)
"For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God.

For ye have not received the spirit of bondage again to fear; but ye have received the Spirit of adoption, whereby we cry, Abba, Father.

The Spirit itself beareth witness with our spirit, that we are the children of God"
Ephesians 1:4-6 (King James Version)
"According as he hath chosen us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before him in love:

Having predestinated us unto the adoption of children by Jesus Christ to himself, according to the good pleasure of his will,

To the praise of the glory of his grace, wherein he hath made us accepted in the beloved."

No comments:

Post a Comment